Tuesday, September 8, 2009

17 Weeks!

Okay so here I am with a belly finally! It seems while sitting in a beach chair in a bikini I look very pregnant, in fact maybe even a little further along than I actually am ha. So weird because while standing even when in a bathing suit don't look that pregnant, probably more so resembling a beer bloated freshman LOL!

We were on the Cape for the long weekend, this pic was taken at Old Silver Beach, we spent the whole day there Saturday...it was a gorgeous beach day! The place was packed, lots of great people watching! And I had forgotten how delicious Richie's slushes are....so mad I only rediscovered them at the end of the summer! The stuff is a delightful summer treat and you get the sweet without all the calories...although the amount of chips I ate on the beach that day probably made up for that. I can't help it I am LOVING any kind of chip these days!


On Sunday we decided to take the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard to explore and ride our bikes around. It was my first time going and it was a blast! The bike paths are great and go everywhere. Our Ferry landed in Vineyard Haven and we road our bikes to Edgartown, where we locked up the bikes and went to lunch at the Seafood Shanty, yummy food! And I think we were all starved from our bike ride! This pic was taken outside the Seafood Shanty on the dock, we were pretending we just got off our yacht! Funny thing is the people we asked to take the picture actually DID just get off the yacht LOL!



After lunch we just walked around town and poked into the shops, Deb has a favorite jewelry store that was so cute and had some really funky stuff. Then we went for ice cream and candy, I opted for fudge but then ended up eating most of Tyson's ice cream too! Needless to say this was not the best eating weekend, which may explain why I am up 2 1/2 lbs from last tuesday this morning. But it is actually good cause that means I am 5 lbs to date.




Oh and did I mention we road around the whole freaking island, so yea I completely deserved the ice cream and fudge!! This is Mike and I about 1 mile from Oaks Bluff, when I needed to stop to take a break....I did so good all day wore my heart monitor and really it was very easy bike riding all day except for the sprint to woods hole on the way in when we had to catch the ferry. That stretch of bike trail on the way home about 4 miles from the Ferry to the car.....well I was about done by then and with Mike saying at every turn "oh I remember this we are almost there"....LIES haha. But we made it back to the car where I collapsed next to Tyson and watched iCarly while they loaded the bikes.

Was such a fun day, if you are into biking I would definitely reccomend the day trip. So much to see and stop at that it really breaks up the biking, so its not like you have to be super athletic to make the trek. Well obviously if I did it 17 weeks pregnant, anyone can ha. I am going to have to get my mom and dad to go over next summer (we will have to get one of the tow things for baby scanlon) my mom will love the views and my dad likes any outdoor activity that can be broken up by bars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment