
So, I told you the baby was going to cuten up from the last picture. This one you can actually tell it is a baby and see its little profile, adorable if I do say so myself! Mike's first comment after we left was his head looks huge! He is already concerned for me (if you know my husband you know his head is quite large!) but I assured him that baby's heads are the largest part of their little bodies at this time...and that will even out as the next 6mths goes on until birth where the baby's head will still be about 1/4 of its total body size. So let's hope for my sake this remains true for our baby :)
Today's Ultrasound was SO cool! The baby was moving all over and you could see arms and legs waving, then the baby rolled over and did a big stretch...you could actually see the back arch....it was totally awesome. Yet, at the same time completely crazy to watch it happen on the screen....know it is in my tummy...and still not feel a thing!
Heart rate was 134 which they said was good (it slows as the baby develops in the womb, it was 162 at 8 wks) and the baby measured 12 weeks 6 days, which is exactly what I am today. Baby Scanlon is already practicing being perfect. He definitely gets that from his father!
Still didn't get to hear the heart beat as this wasn't an internal ultrasound (which was nice as that was rather awkward last time!) They said I should get to hear it at my next Drs visit which is next wednesday!
And even more exciting it is totally public news now since everything looked good on the ultrasound, so Hello World Baby Scanlon is on their way!!!!
When do you find out if it is a boy or girl?
ReplyDelete