Friday, July 17, 2009

10 weeks and sleepless nights


Today I am 10 weeks Pregnant, time seems to be going by fast and yet excruciatingly slow as we still haven't made the news "public". So last night started out pretty normal with me getting up at almost 3am to go pee, which I do now 2-3 times a night. (Gone are the days when I could make fun of Michael for having the bladder of a 75 yr old man) But when I got back into bed I couldn't fall back asleep because I was STARVING...like as if I had skipped dinner. So I laid there debating with myself, I couldn't actually be hungry could I? Just wait a few more minutes you will fall back asleep. I can't give in and start eating in the middle of the night, that sounds like a slippery slope. But again I am still STARVING so I get out of bed and go to the kitchen and decided to let myself have some milk...figured those are good healthy calories and wouldn't fill my tummy so much that I couldn't get back to sleep. (well technically it was chocolate milk Ha! but it is still good for me, I need my calcium) and I go back to bed, the milk worked my tummy feels satisfied.....45 mins later I am still awake. I CAN NOT fall back asleep and when I do it is for 15 mins here or there. I am all over the bed, I actually wake Mike up as I have completely moved into basically his spot on the bed and tangled all the covers.

So as you can see from the picture, nothing physical has changed AT ALL...so what is keeping me up? So bizarre to me that I pee 2-3 times a night when the baby is only about the size of a plum what will I do when there is actually a watermelon in my tummy putting pressure on my bladder, I may have to just get a bedpan lol!

Other than the randomly sleepless nights no changes really...I am feeling "stuff" in my belly...not really pains or cramps just "stuff" I have read that if you are thin you can actually feel more "stuff" and some could be my stomach muscles stretching getting ready to expand. It is all very nerve racking, and my entire world now revolves around my tummy. Looking forward to the next unltrasound on August 6th, I keep thinking that if they didn't think it was twins this would be our first one, I don't think I would have made it! I would have lost it for sure haha.

PS...this picture was taken tonight after a very large dinner at Pete's Place and still NOTHING lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment