Monday, July 13, 2009

MTV's 16 and Pregnant

So it turns out MTV's 16 and Pregnant is not the best show to watch even if you are an adult who has a husband a mortgage and generally has her shit together! Had a borderline mental breakdown during an episode yesterday, when this girls water broke and her mom made some comment along the lines of "yup that's what it looks like and that's what it smells like" Smells? Seriously I had no idea it was going to smell! And neither did Mike has he almost vomited and couldn't get over it for the next 10 minutes....at which point came the tears and heavy breathing. I couldn't even help myself and I don't even really know why I was crying...I did manage to choke out between sobs when Mike asked me what is wrong "I don't know....I am a big hormonal mess". So...I think it is safe to safe my hormones are in full effect. The tears left just as quickly as they came....although I will be sure to be signing us up for some pre-natal classes so we don't have to learn everything from MTV Haha.

Another thing from this show is these girls think it is going to be like no big deal to have a baby...and then they are like freaking out after the baby is born saying how hard it is. I am hoping the fact that I feel fully aware that it is going to be really hard will work in my favor.

I forgot to take a 9 week picture, so will be sure to take a 10 week on Friday. Still not much happening although I believe my tummy looks different but both Mike and my mom think I am crazy. I am telling you it looks different and I am suddenly very concious of my barely there bump...especially since no one knows so they shouldn't be able to see anything ha. Bump Watch 2009 is officially on...... stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I didn't see that show and most likely wouldn't have watched it even if I had the opportunity. My water broke with Stacey but it was just a dribble and had NO smell! Just remember that every pregnancy is different. But I will say, you have one of the key components for being a parent and that is your sense of humor!! That will get you thru anything!!!

    ReplyDelete