Monday, January 25, 2010

Avery Jean is here!!

So big jump from my 9 mths update but this little cutie was ready for the world and made her appearance a little less than a month early! Born January 20th at 4:41 PM at 7lbs 3 oz....after over 18 hours of labor and delivery Avery made her debute with the help of a vacuum lol! A little drama towards the end with her heart rate dropping...I pushed for over 2 1/2 hours and I guess that can put stress on their little system. I had no idea how serious it was until the put the oxygen mask on me and starting talking C-section. All I remember thinking is no...she is coming out no c-section. And Mike was amazing I had no idea how scared he was until after when he admitted it! He was such a great coach and it was a truly unbelievable experience to go through together...when she came out and they put her little body on my chest our lives changed forever....such a miracle!

Here is her very first photo! Mommy was shaking like a crack addict...which is apparently a normal bodily reaction to give birth....it was very bizarre but I was still able to hold my little girl!

Here's Daddy looking at his daughter for one of the first times!

My mom, dad, Meredith, Mike's dad and Fran and Michelle and Dave were all the first visitors. Then we all spent our first night in as a family in the hospital room. Everyone at Newton Wellesley was amazing the nurses, doctors everyone....so friendly and helpful. But it was like grand central every 10 minutes someone was coming to check my vitals or the babies or to take her to the nursery for testing. She is technically considering "near term" since she was before 37 weeks so there is a lot of extra testing that they needed to do. But she passed everything with flying colors and all the doctors said other than the actual date she is just like a full term baby.

Here are few pics from our Hospital departure and homecoming!
Off we go!


First Car Ride!


Home Sweet Home!

We have been home since Friday and all are doing well! Trying to rest when we can. The first two nights she didn't seem to know it was nighttime....but last night was much better! So hopefully that continues...fingers crossed. She is so sweet and we just love to hold her and stare at her....still amazing to me that she is here and we made her!

I will continue to update this blog with pics, not sure if I will start a different one or just continue with this one so stay tuned :)


1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home Avery...can't wait to spoil you!!!
    xoxo
    Nannie & Papa

    ReplyDelete